Friday, October 28, 2011

Nightmare On My Street 1988


The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff released a track in 1988 that would appeal to any 10 year old with a monster fascination. The Song A Nightmare on My Street was the third single off their Parents just don't understand album, and subsequently also the first rap tape I owned. I loved it, could get enough. I memorized the words of the song and would sing it every where! Last night while driving home the song came on the raido and the words came back to me with the same ease as jumping back on a bicycle. I got strange looks from the wife and kids, but there was no stopping the lyrical flow. The song also brought back a rush of memories of childhood Halloween.

Heres a video with the song with lyrics included.  Now you to can sing along to this awesometastic Halloween song!

No comments:

Post a Comment